Everybody wants to make money online so the big question is, “Can you really make money just by blogging?” You probably already know that you can make money blogging but the big question is, How?
Like any business it does take effort and time to become well established. When blogs first started showing up, blogging was originally a form of online journaling. Purists literally hated the mention of using blogs to make money, but these days blogging is so much more!
Blogs are a platform for creating content online. So first you should realize that there’s a huge difference between blogging as a writing style, and using blog software to create websites. Jack Humphrey talks about How to Make More Money Blogging for beginners and experienced alike.
Using blog software, such as wordpress, to create websites is one way to make money blogging, particularly if you choose to create websites which focus on promoting or selling products. When you sell products of your own with a blog, or promote other people’s products to earn sales commissions, you may not necessarily be writing in a blogging style to do so. You can of course, but you can also create a “regular” website by using quick and easy blog software. A concept that has recently been promoted by many internet marketers.
Check Out Blogging to the Bank!
The most common form of making money with blogging is usually much more personal though. The writer creates content on a blog, and that content is frequently written in a casual, “conversational” style. This personal touch creates a unique atmosphere on the blog and that in turn creates a unique following of readers. Once established, the writer who creates the blog content can often recommend products to readers, and many of those readers will buy based on those recommendations. This is the basic formula used by many affiliate marketers. Be careful though….don’t turn your blog into a pitch fest. That is, don’t make every blog post an offer, or recommendation to buy something. Make sure you insert blog posts that contain useful information about the niche you are blogging about!
This form of blogging puts a personal touch into the world of business, so it helps faceless corporate entities and somewhat famous individuals seem more real. And that can generate great profits.
Take a look at three different approaches you might use to make money with your blog:
1. Recommend Products – Once you have a loyal base of readers who like your writing style, enjoy the things you write each day, or connect to you on some level you’ll be able to start making product recommendations to them. And by recommending products which you earn sales commissions from, you earn money each time one of your readers buys a product based on your recommendations.
Sell Your Products or Services
2. Sell Your Products or Services – This approach is popular with service based professionals, software programmers, and book authors. If you are a certified accountant for example, then blogging will help you establish yourself as an expert in your field and this can lead to you getting more clients. If you write books or create software, the approach works the same. By writing content on a related blog you will build your reputation and readership, and that will naturally lead to readers buying your books and software.
Sell Advertising Space
3. Sell Advertising Space – Some people start blogging about topics that interest them. They may not have a specific professional skill they’re trying to promote and they may have no products for sale, but they’re interested enough in a given topic to write about it frequently and well. In these cases readership and reputation also grow over time, and the person writing the blog is able to earn money from selling advertising space in key locations on that blog. This method of making money with a blog is hardly ever practiced. If you have a blog with a PR 3 that’s getting 100 unique visitors a day, you certainly should look into selling or renting some of your space.
Build it and they shall come. There is some truth to this statement.
In all of these cases you need to build a reputation and audience first. New magazines and TV shows don’t often launch with a ready made audience in place, and neither do new blogs. There are exceptions to every rule of course, and you’ll probably come across success stories where people were able to get large amounts of readers to their blogs fairly quickly. Just keep in mind that this is not the norm. Usually you have to work very hard for several months before you’ll start seeing progress. As time goes by however, if you’ve kept working diligently you should start seeing some excellent income.
See Blogging for Profits and Start Monetizing Your Blog
I don’t want to mislead anyone. Making an income with your blog is tough work. Persistance will pay off though, some will see success before others….all of us have different skills….just never, never, never give up! Finally developing an audience or readers should be your first priority. This requires proper search engine optimization and constant vigilance to traffic generating techniques.
- Is Your Business Blogging…Here are Some Helpful Blogging Tips Many businesses have an online presence. With an internet business,...
- Tips for Blogging Begginners …Part 2 Beginning Blogging Tips….Part 2 Tip # 5: Blog Installation Sure...
- How to Earn More Money Blogging ….Jack Humphrey! If you want to understand, study, learn and make money...
- Blogging Tips Nowadays, blogging has been gaining a great deal of popularity...
- Best Blogging Advice Blogs have been around for a while. And even though...